Java Bali Crossing Project
ADB is considering providing a loan to the Government of Indonesia to co-finance the proposed Java-Bali 500 kV Power Transmission Crossing Project (the Project) in the Republic of Indonesia. The proposed Project will construct a 220km long extra high voltage (500 kilo volt [kV]) transmission line (TL) and associated substations or substation extensions/upgrades for transferring power from the Paiton Power Complex in East Java to the Bali power grid, thereby enhancing the reliability of power supply to a province which is a major tourist destination and a nationally important source of Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The power transmission capacity of the TL will be 1,800 MW.
PT. PLN (Persero) will be the Project proponent with the proposed Project consists of seven components located in East Java and Bali provinces :
- Component 1: Paiton substation extension, East Java.
- Component 2: Paiton to Watudodol 500 kV overhead TL (including a segment through Baluran National Park), East Java.
- Component 3: Watudodol (East Java) to Segara Rupek 500 kV TL overhead crossing of the Bali Strait (including a crossing tower in Bali Barat National Park).
- Component 4: Segara Rupek to Gilimanuk 500 kV overhead TL (including a segment through Bali Barat National Park), Bali.
- Component 5: Gilimanuk to New Kapal 500 kV overhead TL, Bali.
- Component 6: New Kapal 500/150 kV distribution substation, Bali.
- Component 7: Upgrading or extension of twenty-six (26) 150/20 kV substations in Java and Bali.