REPORT AND NEWS
- PLN Siap Penuhi Kebutuhan Listrik 1.008 MVA dari 8 Perusahaan di Batam Posted on: 2 Februari, 2023
- Dihadiri Wakil Presiden, PLN Sukses Hadirkan Listrik Tanpa Kedip Haul Abah Guru Sekumpul Posted on: 2 Februari, 2023
- Ramai-Ramai Diunduh Pengunjung Gelegar Cuan, PLN Mobile Tawarkan Berbagai Kemudahan Kelistrikan Dalam Satu Genggaman Posted on: 1 Februari, 2023
- Dukung Pengembangan Data, PLN Siap Pasok Kebutuhan Listrik EBT ke Pusat Data di Seluruh Indonesia Posted on: 1 Februari, 2023
Research shows that safety and well-being at the workplace equals good business and profitability. PLN always places Occupational Safety and Health (K3) as one of the main priorities in the implementation of operational activities by trying to build a work safety culture in order to achieve the long-term target of zero-accident in every activity carried out by PLN
The Company’s commitment to provide OHS guarantees to employees refers to the PKB clause, Government Regulation (Law No. 1 of 1970 concerning Occupational Safety and Health and Regulation of the Minister of Manpower No. 5 of 1996 concerning Occupational Health and Safety Management System), Management System Occupational Health & Safety (SMK3), as well as ISO 45001:2018 certification (formerly OHSAS 18001:2007).
To realize this commitment, the PLN Group implements an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (SMK3) in accordance with Government Regulation No. 50 of 2012 concerning the Implementation of SMK3 and ensuring that all units at PT PLN (Persero) have and have implemented occupational safety and health management system certification (SMK3).
Furthermore, by being oriented towards achieving zero accident targets, it is expected that all activities at PLN can run more efficiently and productively, so that it has an impact on improving business quality. To realize this commitment, PLN has implemented an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (SMK3) in accordance with Government Regulation No. 50 of 2012 concerning the Implementation of SMK3 and ensuring that all units at PT PLN (Persero) have and apply the Occupational Health and Safety Management System (SMK3) certification.
PLN’s policy in OHS management is integrated with the Environmental Protection policy, with the following policy principles:
- Prioritize the aspects of occupational, health, and safety and security and environmental protection in every activity at PT PLN (Persero).
- Comply with laws and regulations and other OHS related requirements and those related to security and environmental protection.
- Identify occupational health and safety, and health hazards; identify security threats; and identify environmental protection aspects according to the level of risk and undertake preventive, protective and control measures while reviewing and handling the risks periodically and continuously.
- Increasing employee awareness and competence in order to for the employees to do their work in a safe, reliable and environmentally friendly manner.
- Create and maintain harmonious relationships with stakeholders in PT PLN’s business activities to build mutually beneficial partnerships.
In 2022, the PLN Indonesia Power Sub-holding received 69 awards at various events, including 40 (forty) Occupational Safety and Health (K3) Awards given by the Ministry of Manpower for the Zero Accident Category
The Company views human resources as the main asset that must be managed and developed. Therefore, the Company has the responsibility to manage employees properly by creating a healthy and safe work environment, providing work protection so as to increase productivity and quality of employee performance.
PLN has implemented several strategies as follows:
- Implementation of ISO 45001 and SMK3 PP 50
To consistently implement OHS in PLN, in the OHS maturity level, the Central PLN K3L Division requires all units to implement SMK3 and integrate ISO 45001 and SMK3 PP No. 50 year 2012. Moreover, an internal audit is conducted once a year to ensure the consistency of the implementation of SMK3.
- Contractor Safety Management System
PLN has released the Decision of Directors No, 325.K/DIR/2021 Concerning the Stipulation of SPLN U1.006.2:2021 Contractor Safety Management System (CSMS) as a reference for the application/implementation of CSMS in the PLN work environment.
- Maturity Level K3
All units in PLN implement the OHS management in accordance with Maturity Level K3 criteria that has already conveyed by K3L Division from Central PLN. This division monitors and verifies the Maturity Level K3 for every 3 months in order to acknowledge the OSH management maturity in each PLN unit.
- Breakthrough Transformation Program “Zero Accident”
The “Zero Accident” program is in the PLN transformation program through a zero accident Breakthrough, which went live on February 2, 2022. There are 4 Program Initiatives in BTZA, namely: CSMS Implementation, Strengthening Safety Culture, Structuring corporate K3 policies, Digitizing safety management tools.
- Development of Safety Culture
PLN is working with Safety International consultant, PT Dupont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) to develop and instill a safety culture throughout PLN’s work environment. Currently the K3 culture development program is still on a pilot project scale which is implemented at UID Banten. In 2023 the K3 Culture development program is planned to be rolled out in stages to all PLN units.
- Establishing the Standards Related to the Implementation of Safety in SPLN
The standards in implementing K3 in PLN’s working environment are always reviewed and updated, such as SPLN fire protection systems, SPLN Personal Protective Equipment, SPLN CSMS, SPLN K3 signs, and others.
- Review and Update the Directors Regulations for Corporate K3 Management
PLN constantly places occupational health and safety (OSH) as one of our top priorities in our operations by striving to build safe work culture to achieve the long-term target of zero accident in each of PLN’s activities, both Construction, which includes the constructions of power plants, transmissions, and substations, and operations, which include the operations of generation, transmission, distribution and substation. With the orientation to achieve zero-accident target, it is expected that PLN will run more efficiently and have higher work productivity, so it will improve financial performance, and that all will ultimately ensure its business sustainability.
PLN has examined and implemented excellent programs in order to achieve the best OHS performance. All units have played an active role in creating the OHS Culture in the work environment to ensure the safety of workers and other people at work. We are grateful to announce our achievements and breakthrough as follows:
- Banten UID pilot project K3 cultural development program
- Upskilling Yantek officers through the Yantek campus
- BOD Safety Walkdown program
- Implementation of TAD Hygiene Factor Assessment in All PLN Units
- Addition of K3 Aspects to Yantek’s performance assessment
- Review and Update on K3 Management Aspects at the K3 Maturity Level
- Development of Digital Learning/E-learning K3
- CSMS Implementation in all Units
- Making CSMS Applications
- Corporate K3 Application Development
- Implementation of the Inspecta Application
- Mapping the fire protection system at the coal handling facility of the PLN Group Coal Power Plant
- Conducting training on fire prevention for coal fired power plants