REPORT AND NEWS
- Kembangkan Sistem Smart Grid, PLN Timba Ilmu Hingga ke Negeri China Posted on: 24 Mei, 2023
- Buktikan Komitmen Bangun Energi Hijau, PLN Raih Predikat Green Ratings di Sektor Energi dan Pertambangan Pada Green Economic Forum 2023 Posted on: 23 Mei, 2023
- Kebut Optimalisasi Listrik KCJB, PLN: 90 Persen Infrastruktur Kelistrikan Telah Siap Posted on: 22 Mei, 2023
- Kunjungan Bisnis ke China, PLN Teken Kerjasama Pengembangan EBT dengan Perusahaan EPC di Beijing Posted on: 21 Mei, 2023
PLN is committed to providing equal opportunities for every employee, regardless of differences in ethnicity, religion, race, social status, gender, or physical condition in order to promote an environment where everyone feels valued and respected for their contributions and is free from intimidation and harassment. This is the principle that PLN applies in the workplace including the employee recruitment program and can be seen from the diversity of its employees.
PLN strives to mainstream gender equality into the business and reinforced our commitment by becoming a signatory of the United Nation Women’s Empowerment Principles established by UN Global Compact and UN Women. Through the Statement of Support signed by our CEO, PLN is committed to promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace.
PLN has established several gender mainstreaming commitments aligning with the Government of Indonesia’s development plan outlined in the National Mid-Term Development Plan (RPJMN) 2020-2024 and the fifth goal of Sustainable Development Goals as reported to the Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises. The RPJMN particularly enlists gender equality as one of the six aspects that should be mainstreamed into Indonesia’s overall development strategy.
In 2022, PLN made a breakthrough in its commitment to implement gender mainstreaming throughout its operations with the Statement of Corporate Intent on Gender Mainstreaming No. 0014.P/DIR/2022 (“the Statement”). The Statement aims to optimize the role and participation of women in the electricity business to increase the value of PLN among stakeholders and contribute to the assessment of the ESG rating. To achieve this, PLN will formulate gender mainstreaming policies and a gender equality roadmap. This overall commitment also aims to address energy poverty that is disproportionately experienced by women in Indonesia.
This statement is followed up by PLN by establishing BOD Directive No. 0015.P/DIR/2020 concerning the Protection, Prevention, and Treatment of Sexual Harassment in PT. PLN (Persero). This directive covers a comprehensive action to address the sexual harassment issue. By establishing this regulation, PLN provides a systematic approach to protect women employee from the sexual harassment risk. Therefore, PLN’s commitment to creating a women-friendly working environment is manifested in the corporate management system.
The implementation of gender equality is one of the important points in human resource management policies. PLN provides full support for the empowerment of the potentials of the company through Women Empowerment programs, such as increasing the share of management positions filled by women, increasing the coverage of women’s facilities and childcare services, and certified training in gender mainstreaming.
On the other hand, PLN also pays special attention to the protection of persons with disabilities and social inclusion. As one of the concrete actions, PLN opens special recruitment for the people of the eastern Indonesia region with a system that has been adjusted and can be accessed easily.
PLN believes that gender equality and social inclusion will increase a company’s productivity and create innovative and problem-solving ideas acquired from a healthy working environment which will give a positive return to the company’s competitiveness.
PLN commits to building gender equality through the representation of women in strategic positions and creating a women-friendly working environment in every PLN office to support the development of women’s talents. This commitment is in line with the Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises enhancement program of women empowerment. Furthermore, PLN also established Director Decree No. 0191.K/DIR/2021 regarding the Formation of the Srikandi Task Force Team of PT PLN (Persero).
The Srikandi task force team aims to build awareness of all parties regarding competency-based career development and employee performance, therefore there is no opportunity difference due to gender. The talent management system should be transparent and fair to provide equal career opportunities. The Srikandi Task Team has several working groups as follows:
- Women empowerment strategy which analyzes the policy in regard to women empowerment, provide a proposed recommendation to management for the women empowerment policy and programs and establish the strategic planning for women empowerment program.
- Women empowerment learning and development which provide, organize, evaluate, and report the learning and development program of women empowerment.
- Women empowerment communication and public relations as the spoke persons of the Srikandi task force through internal and external stakeholders, provide the documentation and publication, and manage the information and communication media.
There are 2 (two) working programs for Srikandi Task Force; Stronger than Before 1 (STB 1) program in 1st Semester for 2021 and Stronger than Before 2 (STB 2) program in 2nd Semester for 2021 as shown in Table 1 below. The STB program consists of 5 (five) main programs, namely HEART, as follows:
- H – He for She program (Men support Woman)
- E – Empowering Program (Coaching and women capacity building)
- A – Advance community for women (Diversity and inclusion forum)
- R – Responsibility (Leaders Commitment and Action)
- T – Trustworthy (Building credibility of women in workplace and home).
To enhance the capacity of women’s education, scholarship programs have been established for 32% PLN female employees from total PLN employees learning assignments from 2010-2021. PLN launched the Women Empowerment Program on April 21, 2021, and also hold 4 webinars in a year. Three webinars have been held are:
- Start Up – PLN Wonder Women in Moves
- Women and Leadership in Time of Crisis
- Women Acceleration: Raising the Bar in Technology
PLN has conducted some strategic programs which consider Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion such as:
- Sustainable Energy Access in East Indonesia – Electricity Grid Development Program Funded by ADB
- Pilot community-based training for Solar PV maintenance by remote monitoring to the units and community with a minimum of 30% female participants;
- Education workshop to customers related to the safe and productive energy use with a minimum of 30% female participants for each workshop.
- Gender Program in Upper Cisokan Hydro Electric Power Plant Project Funded by World Bank
- Rapid gender assessment has been completed to promote the women position in PLN, especially in the technical and management position;
- Setting a target to increase the representation of women staff from 5% in 2021 to 20% in 2025, specifically for the technical staff and to include the target as part of the key performance indicators for senior management:
- Developing and funding the implementation of action plans to increase recruitment, retention and promotion of women
- Integrating strategies to increase recruitment and promotion of women into human resource management, e.g. job descriptions encouraging female candidates
- Implementing a mentor and mentee system
- Organizing management and leadership training for outstanding female staff
- Support internship programs for female students in STEM.
|1. PLN Ignition 1.0||#womenseries||4 times/year|
|2. PLN Ignition 2.0: Masterclass||– Gender Advocay Training (USAID)
– STEM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Maintenance) Training Program for PLN Women
|– July-September 2021
– June-December 2021
|Program of HTD Division||ASIA Women Summit (for ASIA Utilities Women in Electricity Industry)||International Cooperation: HAPUA, JEPIC||June 2021|
|Top Women Talent Program||Capacity building: Women Leadership Program||2nd Semester 2021|
|Program of Corporate Communication Division||Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)||Social movements for supporting and empowering women communities in Indonesia||June-December 2021|
Women Community Program
|Kartini Day||Launching SRIKANDI PLN and PLN Women Empowerment “Stronger than Before” Program||April 21, 2021|
|Srikandi PLN Program||Gender Upskilling (ADB)||Gender Equality Awereness Training Program||August 2021|
|PLN Women Bootcamp||For Top Youth Female||September 2021|
|PLN Women Coacjing-Mentoring Program||Woman support Woman Porgram, He for She Program||August-December 2021|
|PLN Group Women Summit||PLN Group Women Empowerment movement||December 2021|
|PLN Women Empowerment Establishment||– Launching PLN Policy on Gender Equality and Women Empowerment
– Launching Tool Project for empowering PLN Women