In the framework of providing Public Information services as mandated in Law Number 14 of 2008 concerning Openness of Public Information, the Board of Directors of PLN has determined Directors’ Decrees on Services, Disclosure and Disclosure of Public Information within PT PLN (Persero) including the establishment of information and documentation management.
In accordance with Decree of Director Number 501.K / DIR // 2012 stipulated:
Public Information Management is divided into PLN organizational structure levels as follows:
- PPID superiors are officials who are PPID direct superiors for PLN Headquarters, namely the PLN Board of Directors and for the PLN Unit, namely the General Manager / Head who has the main responsibility in the security of managing Public Information.
- PPID for PLN Head Office is the Corporate Secretary (Sekper) and for PLN Unit is the Field Manager / Senior Manager in charge of the Communication function.
- Other fields within the PLN environment, among others related to public relations, institutional relations, investor relations, publications, law can issue Public Information under PPID coordination as referred to in point 2.
Duties and Functions of PPID
- Responsible in the field of Public Information Services which includes the process of storing, documenting, providing and serving Public Information.
- Responsible for coordinating the storage and documentation of all Public Information within the PLN.
- In the framework of the responsibilities referred to in item 1, PPID is tasked with coordinating the collection of all Public Public Information physically from each related field for the PLN Headquarters and PLN Units which include:
- Public information that must be provided.
- Excluded Public Information.
- Not included in the category of exempted Public Information.
- Responsible for the delivery of public information that is fast, accurate and accurate and establishes operational procedures for the dissemination of public information.
- In the framework of the responsibilities referred to in item 1, the PPID is tasked with coordinating the data collection of Public Information controlled by each related field in the PLN Headquarters and PLN Units in the context of making and updating the list of Public Information after updating by the General Manager / Head of each PLN Unit related to at least 1 (one) time in 1 semester.
- Storage of Public Information as referred to in item 7.1. and 7.2. implemented in accordance with statutory regulations in the field of archives.
- Responsible for coordinating the provision and service of all Public Information under the control of PLN that can be accessed by the public.
- In the framework of the responsibilities referred to in item 1., the PPID is tasked with coordinating the provision and service of Public Information through announcements and / or requests.
- In terms of the obligation to publish public information, PPID has the duty to coordinate:
- Public Information Announcement through the media can effectively reach all stakeholders.
- Submitting public information in Indonesian language that is simple and easy to understand and considers the use of local languages used by the community.
- In the case of a request for Public Information, PPID has the duty:
- Coordinate the provision of Public Information that can be accessed by the public with the Officer or Functional Officer appointed at the PLN Headquarters or PLN Unit to fulfill requests for Public Information;
- Include the written reasons for the exclusion of Public Information clearly and firmly, in the case that the request for Public Information is rejected;
- Developing the capacity of functional officials and / or officers in order to improve the quality of public information services.
- PPID is responsible to the PPID supervisor in carrying out their duties, responsibilities and authority.
- In the event that there are objections to the provision and service of Public Information, the PPID is tasked with coordinating and ensuring that the submission of the objection is processed based on the objection resolution procedure if the request for Public Information is rejected.
- Objection as intended can be resolved by deliberation by both parties.
- Coordinate all related fields in the PLN Headquarters and PLN Units in carrying out Public Information services.
- Deciding which Public Information can be accessed by the public or not.
- Refuse a written request for Public Information if the Public Information requested includes excluded / confidential information accompanied by reasons and notification about the rights and procedures for the applicant to submit an objection to the refusal; and
- Assign functional officials and / or Officers to make, maintain and / or update the list of Public Information periodically at least 1 (one) time in 1 semester if PLN has functional officials and / or Officers.
PPID Vision and MissionVisionThe realization of a proper Public Information Service delivery system in accordance with the general principles of good governance and corporations.The realization of protection and legal certainty in the implementation of Public Information Services.MissionCreating a good Public Information Service, which is transparent, effective and efficient, accountable and can be accounted for.Improve management and public information services within the PLN environment to produce quality information services.